- 2,977,932 hits
Most Viewed Articles
- RT @joshuawongcf: You can lock up our bodies, but not our minds! We want democracy in Hong Kong. And we will not give up. 2 hours ago
- @daniellloyd1 https://t.co/h4FCYTpM2h 10 hours ago
- @PeterWatt123 I will try to find you a short clip 10 hours ago
- Does anyone else feel very uncomfortable watching Child Genius? I particularly don't like the signs around the neck @PeterWatt123 1 day ago
- @Tony_Robinson A cunning plan perhaps? 1 day ago
- My new ride – The Canyon Ultimate Al with Ultegra Di2
- Milan San Remo 2013 Finish
- World Naked Bike Ride London 2012 Part II
- World Naked Bike Ride London 2012 Part I
- The nude model, fox hunting and road rage
- Son of The Winds makes the *Headline* in the Mail!
- Triathlete juggles 3 balls during entire race
- Stage 11 Final kilometres Giro d’Italia 2012
- Norman the dog rides a bike
- “Foxy lady turns on a foxhunter”
- How to Remove an Impaled Bicycle Brake Handle from a Leg
- Taylor Phinney’s ankle injury
- Giro d’Italia 2012 – Stage 3 Finish
Tag Archives: world naked bike ride
“What’s this all about?” This was the most common question I heard asked as I rode around. The naked bike ride means many different things to many different people. But for me, it’s a protest against the dominance of car culture in London, and elsewhere.
The ride also happens to be a hell of a lot of fun and it was good to see familiar faces from previous rides and meet new people. It’s funny how motorists notice us when we’re naked yet when we put on clothes, it’s as if we’re invisible.
There seemed to be record numbers on the ride but I heard from someone who counted it was only 800. Anyone have any accurate info on that?
Many thanks to all who attended.
The London World Naked Bike Ride 2012 will take place at 3pm on 9th June 2012. As usual, the start is at Hyde Park in the south eastern corner and the finish will be at Admiralty Arch. The ride is usually around 2 hours long and will be a gentle meander around the West End area. I do not know the route yet myself but will publish it here if and when it becomes available. I understand that it will be very similar to last year and a run through Covent Garden is included.
For pictures of last year’s ride and a video of the start HERE
The Facebook invite is HERE
The official wiki site is HERE
Any questions? Leave a comment.
UPDATE: Here is the route
From the WNBR Facebook page
“And here we are! The Route for London 2012.
This route is more or less finalised, although with last-minute reconnaissance, some late changes *might* be made due to roadworks or other blockages.
You’ll note from the map that we’ve included some markers for ‘Pause Points’; this is to allow the ride to regroup after traffic lights or before major junctions, and to allow for photographs. We might only stay paused for a few minutes at these points, so bear with us! We want to remain as close a ‘Critical Mass’ as possible.
We’ve hosted this map on BikeMap as it’s very popular and allows you to download the GPS files from the site, which work with GPS, iPhone and various Android applications. (The BikeMap application is free for both formats)
In the next few days we’ll be adding approximate timings to the Route Map so stay tuned.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter too – @WNBRLondon for announcements in the days leading up to the ride and on the day itself.”
Route map HERE